Accidental Condom Inhalation

One of the reasons why I like writing this blog so much, is the amount of incredible stories and situations involving the condom. The condom is usually there to protect things. But when applied and used in a wrong way the condom can be a dangerous tool.

A 27-year-old lady presented at the Jaswant Rai Speciality Hospital in Meerut, India. Her medical condition was mysterious for half a year until the doctors decided to investigate further and do a chest radiograph:

A 27-year-old lady presented with persistent cough, sputum and fever for the preceding six months. Inspite of trials with antibiotics and anti-tuberculosis treatment for the preceeding four months, her symptoms did not improve. A subsequent chest radiograph showed non-homogeneous collapse-consolidation of right upper lobe. Videobronchoscopy revealed an inverted bag like structure in right upper lobe bronchus and rigid bronchoscopic removal with biopsy forceps confirmed the presence of a condom.

They said that a detailed retrospective history also confirmed accidental inhalation of the condom during fellatio. Now that is interesting and wrong in so many ways. But what do we learn from that?

Don’t inhale condoms.

Via Dino via PubMed.

Leave a Reply